Saturday, December 1, 2012

No, it can't be..

.. December already, can it? I know that it must be however, as today was my first Christmas function of the season.


This is Cafe 4342 at Forest Hill, a tiny town in the Lockyer Valley, about half an hour's drive from Ipswich. It is also a gift shop and the local Post Office. The food is delicious and I was lunching with friends from the Ipswich group of the National Trust. Just  lovely!
Across the road from the cafe is Mimmi's, a cute shop full of hand-crafted goodies made by local artisans. I got an early start on Christmas shopping (I know, I know, lots of you are way ahead of me! but I'm in denial) and picked up these journals made by the talented Janie from Handmade at Woolshed Creek (which I actually crossed on my way to Forest Hill. The creek that is).


I guess I should have realised it was getting on for Christmas as the temperatures are rising. 32 degrees today! What will they be by the end of the month!!

2 comments:

  1. 32 degrees!! We had 6 yesterday, and have a frost this morning.
    I wanted to see your friend's website, Handmade at Woolshed, but it is apparently only through Facebook, which I wont use. The photos you showed of her quilter's journal interested me. Is there another way of seeing her site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful festive season.

    ReplyDelete