Sunday, March 20, 2016

Out in the country

A couple of weeks ago I had a rare Sunday free from my (self-inflicted) volunteering duties at Wolston House, so I went for a drive out to the Lockyer Valley, not all that far from where I live. I went looking for an Open Garden I had read about in my favourite magazine, but sadly I was unable to locate it.
Undaunted, I headed to Forest Hill via some back roads when I spotted this abandoned cottage along the way.


I am drawn to shabby, neglected things, although they do make me sad. There was more shabby stuff in Forest Hill, although this pub is still a going concern. I was rather taken by the green stuff growing in the gutter!


Just look at the texture of the peeling paint on this fence! 


My next stop was at Cafe 4342 for a spot of morning tea. The number is Forest Hill's postcode and the cafe and gift shop are extensions to the Post Office. My choice for morning tea was this delicious pear and blueberry cake.


My journey home took me through Marburg and Rosewood. There is a fabulous antique shop in Marburg, with some quirky items for sale. I think Superman may be looking for this!


There is a wonderful house in Rosewood which is crying out for some attention. It is hard to see from the road and I don't like to trespass, but the overgrown entry to the property is very romantic.


A very enjoyable day out!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of day. Love all your photos and your treat looked very delicious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, gee such a lovely drive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you found some lovely spots... I also am drawn to the old run down buildings...they must have amazing stories to tell
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete