Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday treasures

A bit of a retro treasure today, very unlike my usual decor of pretty vintage china. This coffee set was a wedding gift from a dear friend whom I haven't seen for some years but who I was fairly close to at the time of my marriage. I must say this was a very trendy look at the time and it was used a lot in the early years of my marriage. Now it is relegated to the china cupboard, but brings back great memories when I look at it. Mostly of the great times I had with my friend as, sad to say, the coffee set has well outlasted the marriage.
Don't forget to pop over to Melody's to see who else is sharing today. Just click the link at the side.
PS Don't forget my give-away. I'll be drawing the winner next Tuesday.



6 comments:

  1. Thank so much for playing along with Tuesday Treasures. I adore your coffee set. It is so very stylish and I'm glad it brings back happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a rather nice retro set. My daughter would go silly over that one. I can imagine some handmade mug mugs and/or table runner made with the same design and colours, very cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the retro shapes and styles... and that leafy design is one of the nicer designs...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little coffee set will be so collectable for some one in the future, if not now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Carolyn,

    Ooh I do love it and will be around for a cuppa shortly.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great coffee set....weren't we a trendy lot back then...retro is all the rage again now.
    It's lovely that it reminds you of a nice friendship.

    ReplyDelete