Friday, November 25, 2011

A bit of sewing...

After a very hot and steamy few days, the rain came yesterday to cool things down and I finally got into the sewing room. You may remember the delicious oilcloth I bought a few weeks ago; this is what I made from some of it.

I'm off to lunch today with some of the "girls" I caught up with at the school reunion I went to a little while back, and needed a bag. It is interesting working with oilcloth - I've not sewn it before.


I also made some new curtains for the dining room - something on my to-do list for ages. The fabric is some I've had stashed for years... bought for use in another house in another time but never made up. I will post pictures when they are hemmed and hanging.
It felt good to be sewing something at last.. it's been a while. Now maybe I can move on to some more creative stuff... as long as the weather stays cool!

4 comments:

  1. Clever idea to use the oilcloth for the tote bag , I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tote bag looks lovely, very stylish fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new tote bag and I am sure you looked very swish with that over your arm. Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I've not seen that curtain fabric before. It looks gorgeous, the dining room will look great!

    ReplyDelete