Saturday, August 25, 2012

Spring is on its way..

What a glorious day it is today here in South-east Queensland. I was tempted to wander in my yard, trying to ignore how neglected it looks and pretending it is just as fabulous as the gardens featured in this month's Country Style magazine (swoon).
Photo courtesy Country Style

Sadly, my imagination is not that good, but I was cheered up by the sight of my jasmine flowering its little heart out and smelling just divine.


I was also cheered up by the thought that someone is coming this week to tame the wilderness for me. Maybe then I will be able to focus on making improvements, rather than maintaining the status quo. One lives in hope!


1 comment:

  1. Spring is such an exhilarating time of year. Before blogging, I had no friends in the southern hemisphere . . . so it is still a little remarkable to me to be speaking of Spring, when we are going into our Autumn months.
    I love getting my hands dirty in the warm earth that comes with Spring, it's like the earth is waking up after a long sleep.

    I am very happy that I found your blog . . . and won't it be nice to watch your flowers blooming this winter when I come in from shoveling snow off my sidewalk.
    Have a great weekend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete