Monday, July 25, 2011

Lovely Sunday

Yesterday I spent the at day Wolston House. As I have mentioned previously, I volunteer there regularly, however, yesterday was a particularly lovely day, both weather-wise and work-wise. We had a reasonable number of paying visitors who also wanted morning and afternoon teas, so I was busy delivering trays of goodies all over the garden and verandah of the house. My beautiful daughter and grand-daughter also came for a visit, so some time was spent chatting and soaking up the sunshine too.


A lot of the other volunteers are crafty and our gift shop is chock full of hand crafted goodies as well as vintage items, books and jewellery. The shop is in an old railway building brought to the site. The other end houses our education centre.


My latest contribution to the shop was this crocheted rug and hat. I was glad to see them on their way at last, they have been hanging around waiting to be finished off since last winter.

1 comment:

  1. I have never been..always meant to. I will certainly be making a visit there now though.It sounds lovely and I love the sound of tea in the garden. Thanks Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete