Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8 - Blogtoberfest


Today began with a storm- not the wildest I've experienced, but a bit weird coming before breakfast. I pictured a day of rain, with me curled up reading, but it turned into a fine day, which made me think that I should do something useful. So, I decided to make some passion-fruit butter using the last of my harvest. It is labelled because I will be taking it to Wolston House tomorrow to sell in our gift shop.
Here is the recipe for those who are interested. It tastes yummy on toast.

Passion-fruit Butter

Grated rind of 1 medium sized lemon
Strained juice of  2 medium sized lemons
6 passion-fruit
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
60g (2oz) butter (I use unsalted)
Mix together lemon rind and juice, passion-fruit pulp and sugar. Beat the eggs and stir in with the butter cut into pieces.
Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly, until it thickens (enough to coat the back of the spoon). (It will thicken more as it cools).
Pour into small sterilised jars and seal airtight. Refrigerate after opening.
Enjoy!


1 comment: